Our 3-step NDR process
1. Choose A Neutral Arbiter
- Parties identify their dispute, goals, and other key info, and agree to abide by Just Resolve’s rules.
- Just Resolve locates, vets, & recommends neutral Arbiters based on required expertise.
- Parties choose a neutral Arbiter (or team) from the recommendations.
- Parties pay a fixed fee, guaranteed to be a small fraction of the disputed amount (stakes).
2. The Arbiter Investigates
- Arbiter, not opposing lawyers, investigates the facts and law, including witness interviews, records, etc.
- Parties must fully and promptly cooperate with the investigation or risk adverse findings.
- Parties also may suggest questions or ideas the Arbiter should pursue.
- If Parties want to negotiate, Arbiter will mediate settlement talks before making any decision.
3. The Arbiter Decides
- Arbiter issues tentative decision and invites Parties’ comments, questions or more investigation.
- Arbiter pursues additional investigation or revises tentative if needed, and issues the final decision.
- Parties comply with final decision*, which may be enforced in court (at the noncomplying party’s expense).
* unless they have agreed in advance to allow appeal to more Arbiters
- Arbiter is the mediator
- With help of Arbiter, parties discuss mutual resolution
- Arbiter prepares or oversees settlement documentation
- Two additional Arbiters are chosen and appealing party pays fee for additional Arbiters
- All Arbiters review decision and may pursue any additional investigation that was requested and refused earlier
- A majority of Arbiters may change the final decision
What makes Just Resolve Different
Neutral-driven approach is non-adversarial focusing on win/win dispute resolution
Negotiations are led by neutral with expertise in subject matter of dispute not attorneys
Fixed fee for resolution is agreed up front by both parties
Common limited stakes disputes are resolved in weeks not months
If you currently have a dispute, use our Just Free Neutral Consultation to learn how NDR can help.
On Demand Initial Dispute Outreach
The outreach consists of:
- An interview with the first party to learn the basic situation from that party’s perspective
- An estimate of the total cost of Just Resolve’s process if used to resolve this dispute
- A detailed letter to the second party outlining Just Resolve’s method, its benefits to both parties, and the first party’s willingness to use Just Resolve or to pursue legal action if necessary
- Follow-up with both parties until either they agree to an active resolve or one party declines
- Payment by the first party of a low fixed fee (typically about $1450) for this initial outreach and follow-up, which is credited fully towards its share of the subsequent resolve fees
Just Free Contract Clauses
Just Free: Neutral Consultation
This one-hour consultation invites you to share the particulars of your business, the kinds of disagreements that commonly arise, or a specific situation you face, in order to answer your questions on if, how and where our services and approach will best work for you and your business or contract partners. We keep in mind your bottom line and reputation and may recommend related “better business practice” steps for you to consider that minimize the risks of disputes arising, and decrease time, distraction, and costs if they do arise.
An initial hour consultant is Just Free. Additional consultation time is available On Demand for $150 per hour.
JUST RESOLVE Protection Plans:
ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICES
If the time from claim to resolution is critical, Just Resolve’s Arbiter Reservation service can save weeks by finding and vetting, in advance, at least three legal and/or industry experts who meet our criteria and commit to be available on-call. If requested, we will facilitate their introduction to the parties for pre-dispute approval as Arbiters. Arbiters are not actually engaged unless a dispute arises, but pre-dispute research into their qualifications, subject matter competency, potential conflicts, willingness to be available if needed, and approval by the parties will greatly decrease time to resolution in the event of a dispute. This service is provided on an As Quoted basis with a $450 minimum.
Early Neutral Evaluation (or Advisory Opinion Only)
If parties or their counsel wish only a non-binding neutral investigation, evaluation or Advisory Opinion, Just Resolve will shorten its process to terminate after the Arbiter issues the tentative decision. This service is provided on an As Quoted basis.
If parties or their counsel wish fast, untainted help in finding or screening a mediator (or other neutral), Just Resolve will provide this service on an As Quoted basis.
Neutral Business Disputes Audit
Just Resolve will work with your business through its designated officer or attorney to review business relationships and common disputes and make recommendations on where and how it may make sense to integrate the Just Resolve approach. A customized Neutral Business Disputes Audit will lead to big savings in time and costs when covered disputes arise. This service is provided on an As Quoted basis with a $450 minimum.
Business Contracts Registration
By using the Business Contracts Registration service, Just Resolve will maintain an organized registry of your contract(s) which specify Just Resolve for resolving disputes that may arise. We will review them and take steps to assure that our panel of arbiters includes neutrals and other experts with background in the kinds of disagreements that may arise in your business, saving you time and money. The fee per contract registration is $50, with the first 5 or 25, respectively, included free in every Business or Enterprise Subscription.
Let us help you head off disputes before they boil over to threaten deal profitability and valued relationships. Just Resolve will register the contract, check-in with each party’s designee during the contract’s term, and promote timely dialogue about any potential misunderstandings. This helps you rest assured that your contract partner (customer, vendor, partner, consultant, etc.) is on the same page as you throughout the contract period. The fee is $200 per contract check-in.